Ginataang Lechon Kawali with Kalabasa and Green Beans is something that I will be making regularly from this day forward. It was my first time using leftover deep fried pork belly for this recipe. I did not expect it to be this good. There were lots of flavors going on my plate. It was delicious.
It was a good idea to have the tender pork belly and crisp green bean at the same time. I can feel both soft and crisp textures every time I chew. It was bursting with flavors. All I remember doing was following-through with a spoonful of rice every time. One word of caution though: I think that you should have a strong sense of self-control if you are on a diet.
Having leftover lechon kawali in my fridge is not a usual occurrence. It so happened that I prepared more lechon kawali than I can consume a day prior. So, what if there are no leftover lechon kawali? You can use lechon liempo for this dish, or even leftover grilled pork belly (inihaw na liempo). If still these ingredients are not available, fresh pork slices can be used.
I suggest preparing this for lunch so that you can have more time to digest all that you have eaten. Happy cooking and enjoy your meal!
Try this Ginataang Lechon Kawali with Kalabasa and Long Green Beans Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ginataang Lechon Kawali with Kalabasa and Long Green Beans
- 1 lb. lechon kawali chopped
- 1 45g pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
- ½ small Butternut squash or kalabasa cubed
- 23 pieces long green beans Baguio beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot
- Sauté onion for 20 to 30 seconds
- Add garlic. Continue to cook until the onion softens.
- Put the lechon kawali into the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix with 1 ½ cups water. Stir. Pour the mixture into the cooking pot.
- Cover the pot. Continue to cook in medium heat for 45 minutes. Note: add more water if necessary.
- Add butternut squash or kalabasa. Cover the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add long green beans. Cover the pot and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and fish sauce
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!