This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ginisang Upo is bottle gourd sautéed in garlic, onions, and tomatoes. This Ginisang Upo recipe also makes use of ground pork for additional flavor and texture.
This Ginisang Upo Recipe is a simple Filipino vegetable dish that can be considered as an everyday food. Aside from ground meat, fish and other seafood can also be added when cooking this delicious dish.
For those who don’t have any access to bottle gourd, you can use Chayote (sayote) as a substitute. Try to go to the nearest Asian or Mexican grocery to find this vegetable.
Preparing this meal is so easy. It will only take you less than 20 minutes to complete everything.
Try this delicious Ginisang Upo Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 medium sized Upo White Squash , sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes diced
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil
- Sauté the garlic, onions, and tomatoes
- Put-in the ground black pepper and ground pork then simmer for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add the Upo (White Squash), cover the pan, and simmer for 6 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Serve hot. Enjoy!