This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Grouper Steak in Foil Packet is what I make when there are fresh grouper steaks available. This recipe is can also be applied to other varieties of fish steaks. The process is quick and very easy, while the result is simply delicious.
The first thing that I did was to make the lemon garlic butter sauce. I strongly recommend using toasted garlic for best results. I used foil packets or foil pouches to enclose and seal the grouper steaks after pouring the sauce over each slice. The fish in foil packets were then grilled until it gets completely cooked (which is about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish).
This recipe might have called for the fish to be grilled. However, I actually steamed the fish. Since the fish steaks are enclosed in a sealed packet, the steam from the hot liquid is trapped inside. If the weather outside is not favorable, you can bake the fish in the oven (350F for 18 minutes).
It will be best if you top the grouper steak with more toasted garlic before serving it.
Try this Grilled Grouper Steak in Foil Packet Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 6 ounces grouper steak
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup toasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon
- Combine butter, salt, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Arrange the grouper steaks in a piece of aluminum foil large enough to hold each piece. Top with the lemon garlic butter mixture. Seal the foil.
- Heat-up the grill. Start to grill the fish in foil packets for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the grill. Open the foil packet to make the fish steak visible.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with more toasted garlic.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Grilled Grouper Steak in Foil Packet