Grilled Liempo Sisig Recipe
There are hundreds of ways to make sisig, and Grilled Liempo Sisig is just one of the ways. This delicious sisig version (which is very tasty, by the way) makes use of grilled pork belly. I am referring to the Filipino style inihaw na liempo which is an awesome dish by itself. Can you imagine…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
There are hundreds of ways to make sisig, and Grilled Liempo Sisig is just one of the ways. This delicious sisig version (which is very tasty, by the way) makes use of grilled pork belly.
I am referring to the Filipino style inihaw na liempo which is an awesome dish by itself. Can you imagine a dish better than that? This Grilled Liempo sisig might be the leveled-up version – something like grilled liempo in super saiyan mode. I’m sure that you get what I am saying. If you don’t, just jump ahead to the recipe below and start cooking to experience what I am saying (see, it even rhymes) :).
Try this Grilled Liempo Sisig Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Grilled Liempo Sisig Recipe
- 1 lb. Filipino style grilled pork belly sliced into serving pieces
- 2 ounces chicken liver
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 piece egg
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, some salt and ground black pepper all over the chicken liver. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon margarine on pan.
- Once the margarine start to melt and gets hot, pan fry the chicken liver in medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side. It will be best if you do not slice the chicken liver yet so that it will be easier to pan-fry. Remove the chicken liver from the pan. Set aside.
- Place the sliced grilled liempo in a food processor. Grind the pork and then place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using the same food processor, chop the onion until it is cut into very small pieces (minced). Set the onion aside.
- Put the fried chicken liver in the food processor and then add the mayonnaise. Grind until the texture of the mixture becomes soft. set aside.
- Melt the remaining margarine using the pan that you used to fry the chicken liver. Once the margarine becomes hot, saute the minced onion until it becomes soft.
- Add the minced grilled liempo.Stir and cook for 10 to 12 minutes while stirring once in a while.
- Put-in the chicken liver mixture. Stir to blend with the other ingredients. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until the mixture almost dries-up. Add the remaining garlic powder and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a sizzling plate (fajita plate) then melt the remaining 1/2 tablespoon margarine. Transfer the cooked sisig on the sizzling plate. Top with egg and green onions.
- Serve with sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and lemon. don't forget the rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment