Liempo Sisig is one of the best Filipino pork dishes that I had. This dish is perfect to have with rice for lunch, and it can also be enjoyed as pulutan along with the beverage of your choice. I like how flavorful this is. It is simply delicious.
This sisig recipe that I am sharing today tastes really yummy. You should have an idea on how to cook sisig the way it should be. There are some optional ingredients in this recipe. Feel free to use these according to your preference.
Most of you would agree that sisig, in general, is a good dish. However, people would rather buy this from the grocery store or order it from a restaurant, instead of cooking at home from scratch. I think that the reason behind it is the tedious process of preparing the dish. While the cooking steps are simple and straightforward, the preparation takes time and effort.
I want to help you save some time. This is the reason why I am introducing the use of a food processor to mince the meat. Imagine saving time and not getting exhausted while cutting the pork belly into tiny pieces. I suggest to watch the video below for the details.
Note that I am using ingredients that I use in real life. It works great for me and I enjoy every bite of it. I usually cook sisig for lunch at home, but I also keep whats leftover (if there are) in the freezer for future use. I can reheat my thawed pork sisig in the microwave anytime I crave for it.
Try this Sizzling Liempo Sisig Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Sizzling Liempo Sisig
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 4 ounces chicken liver
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 3 medium onions
- 1 piece lemon
- 4 cups water
- 4 to 5 pieces Thai chili pepper optional, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- Pour water into a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add pork belly. Cover and continue to boil in medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Discard water and let the liempo cool down.
- Grill the pork for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and slice into cubes.
- Mince the onions using a food processor. Set aside.
- Place the grilled pork belly on the same food processor. Mince.
- Heat oil on a cooking pot.
- Pan-fry the chicken liver for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken liver from the pot. Place in the food processor and mince.
- Saute onion using the remaining oil in the pot until it becomes soft.
- Add minced pork. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Put the chicken liver. Mix until well blended. Continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Stir.
- Add ground black pepper, garlic powder, and chili pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well blended. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Lady's Choice Mayonnaise. Mix until all ingredients are well blended. Continue to cook in high heat for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a metal plate (also known as sizzling plate)
- Run the butter over the plate until it melts.
- Transfer the cooked liempo sisig on the sizzling plate.
- Serve with lemon or calamansi. Share and enjoy!