Lechon Sisig Recipe
Lechon Sisig is a dish made from leftover lechon or roasted pig. This sisig version can be enjoyed as a main dish with rice, along with calamansi and hot sauce. This also makes a good pulutan. Who says that left over lechon is limited only to lechon paksiw? There are lots of dishes that you…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lechon Sisig is a dish made from leftover lechon or roasted pig. This sisig version can be enjoyed as a main dish with rice, along with calamansi and hot sauce. This also makes a good pulutan.
Who says that left over lechon is limited only to lechon paksiw? There are lots of dishes that you can make with left over roast pig; this lechon sisig is one example. Although Lechon Sisig is delicious, please try to eat in moderation. As we all know, lechon has high fat and cholesterol content; it is important to always monitor our food intake to avoid issues.
I used margarine for this recipe, but you can use butter or even cooking oil if it is not available. The secret to this dish lies onion plays an important role in providing flavor and texture to this dish. The more onion you use, the better the dish tastes (just don’t overdo it).
Try this Lechon Sisig Recipe. Let me known what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Lechon Sisig Recipe
- 1 lb. Lechon roasted pork, minced
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces lime or calamansi
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Melt the margarine in a frying pan.
- Put-in onion and then cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the lechon. Stir.
- Put-in garlic powder, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes in high heat.
- Add the mayonnaise. Stir and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. You can squeeze lime or calamansi and add hot sauce if desired.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment