Grilled Pompano is a delicious dish that anyone can prepare. Aside from tasting fresh and delicious, I like grilled pompano because it does not require a lot of ingredients and it is simple to prepare.
I used black pompano for this recipe. Since pompano is quite fatty, it is a good candidate for grilling. I made a few incisions on both sides of the fish so that it will absorb the salt and cook faster. It also helps me determine if the fish is already cooked through.
I love to eat grilled pompano with rice. It will be better if the fish and rice are served in banana leaves – just like what we used to do in the Philippines. Sometimes it is possible if I am able to grab hold of frozen banana leaves. Yes, even banana leaves are bought frozen here in Chicago. At this time, I do not need any banana leaves. The grilled pompano itself is more than enough.
Try this Grilled Pompano Recipe.
- 1 large pompano 2 to 3 lbs., cleaned
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Rub the sea salt all over the pompano. Let is stay for 30 minutes.
- Heat-up the grill. Spray the cooking oil all over the pompano.
- Grill each side for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with toyomansi.
- Share and enjoy!