This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled potato salad is a tangy potato salad variation made from parboiled and grilled red potatoes. This tastes really awesome especially when paired with BBQ or baked dishes.
There are many good things going on with this grilled potato salad. It even has a mayonnaise based dressing and some bacon bits. This is a good recipe idea for picnics or outdoor grilling. While the recipe calls for red potatoes, feel free to use other varieties. For example, using russet, white, and yellow potatoes will also give you good results. The smoky flavor and nice dressing are two of things that I like most about this dish.
You may place leftovers in the fridge overnight, but I do not recommend freezing since the texture will not be nice once thawed. Another similar good salad for the outdoors is our potato salad with carrots and pineapple.
Try this Grilled Potato Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 5 red potatoes cleaned
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 3 crisp bacon strips crumbled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parboil potatoes and then blanch in cold water. Slice into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add in the potatoes and then mix until the olive oil mixture coats.
- Grill the potatoes for about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer back to the mixing bowl. Add the crumbled bacon and sliced onions.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and then pour-in the bowl with the potatoes. Gently toss.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with chopped parsley.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!