This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet Potato Leaves Salad is called Ensaladang Talbos ng Kamote in the Philippines.This quick salad recipe is healthy and budget friendly, as well. Since sweet potatoes can be easily grown in tropical climate, The Philippines has an overwhelming supply of both the leaves and root crop.
I like having Sweet Potato Leaves Salad with fried fish. The sour taste of the salad compliments well with the salty flavor of the fish. It also improves my appetite for some reason. This salad with fried galunggong (round scad) works best for me.
Have you tried eating this salad before? What do you enjoy eating this with? Try this Salad Recipe and give us your feedback.
- 1 large bunch sweet potato leaves stems removed and cleaned
- 3 pieces medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 thumb ginger shredded
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 6 tablespoons sugar cane vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Place water in a cooking pot and let boil.
- Blanch the sweet potato leaves. This is done by putting the leaves in boiling water. Let it stay for about 20 to 30 seconds. Remove the leaves and submerge in a bowl of cold water for 30 seconds, and let dry.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato leaves, tomatoes, ginger, onion, sugar, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Gently toss until all the ingredients are distributed.
- Serve as an appetizer. Share and enjoy!