Hoisin glazed grilled tofu is a healthy and tangy dish that you can have for lunch; it has high protein content with low fat and cholesterol.
Is hoisin sauce vegan? Well, it should be vegan because it is derived from soy beans and it does not use any animal byproduct. However, I will still check the label because we don’t know if the other ingredients other than the usual were added.
Hoisin glazed grilled tofu is perfect with steamed or stir fry vegetables. You can also have it with brown rice on the side.
Try this Hoisin Glazed Grilled Tofu recipe. Let me know what you think.
Hoisin Glazed Grilled Tofu
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Combine hoisin sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Brush the mixture all over the tofu to coat. Let it stand for 1 hour.
- Grill the tofu in medium heat for about 10 minutes per side. Baste with the remaining hoisin sauce mixture.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with steamed broccoli.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!