New York strip steak with sauteed spinach and mashed potato: how does that sound for a romantic dinner?
Contrary to what other are thinking, making your own gourmet steak dish at the comfort of your own homes is quick and simple. All you need to have is the knowledge on how to properly cook a steak, and the determination to complete your steak masterpiece.
I know that dining-in fancy restaurants for a good steak dinner is awesome. However, I feel that it is more practical to eat good foods at home. Not only will you save money, you can also be regarded as a steak expert. Try to let your partner see the hidden chef within you. Now might be the right time to impress your special someone by making a New York strip steak for your dinner tonight.
By the way, pairing this dish with wine will be magnificent. While I recommend Merlot for the filet mignon, you can also have it for this New York strip steak – or Zinfandel, perhaps.
Try this New York Strip Steak with Sautéed Spinach Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
New York Strip Steak with Sauteed Spinach Recipe
- 2 10 to 12 ounces New York strip steak
- 4 cups baby spinach washed
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Rub salt and ground black pepper on all sides of the steak. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill the steak in medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Note: if you are using charcoal grill, try flipping the steak once in a while to prevent it from burning.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and pour-in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown,
- Put-in the spinach and sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and arrange the spinach in a large serving plate.
- Put the grilled steak on top of the spinach.
- Serve with mashed potato on the side along with your favorite steak sauce.
- Share and enjoy!