Round Steak in Criolla Sauce is perfect to have as a cold appetizer or a light dinner.
Round Steak is also known as Rump Steak in other countries. It refers to the cut of beef that includes the top of round, bottom round, and eye of round. This nice cut has no marbled fats; this can be a good thing to those who are in a low fat diet. However, the lack of fat makes this cut of beef dry-out when broiled or grilled. The most recommended cooking methods for this cut are the ones that require the use of liquid such as braising, stewing, and mixing with Criolla Sauce.
I enjoy eating this dish for many reasons. Round steak is flavorful. A tender round steak is enough to make my taste buds go wild. I also enjoy the criolla sauce. It is full of wonderful flavors and nice colors. When criolla sauce is combined with thinly sliced round steak, it becomes a complete work of art.
This dish is meant to be served cold. Refrigerating for at least 4 hours will do, but I prefer placing it in the fridge overnight.
Try this Round Steak in Criolla Sauce Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Round Steak in Criolla Sauce Recipe
- 2 lbs round steak
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 medium onion halved
- 1 bunch leeks chopped
- Pour water in a cooking pot and let boil.
- Put-in the halved onion, leeks, 1/2 tablespoon salt and whole peppercorns.
- Add-in the round steak and allow the water to re-boil. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the beef from the cooking pot and let the meat rest for 15 minutes. Slice thinly, and set aside.
- Make the Criolla Sauce by combining all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange the meat and the sauce in a serving plate by alternately layering the meat and the sauce.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!