This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is all about cooking tender and juicy steaks without grilling. Instead, we will be using a frying pan to fry the meat. Do you have an idea on how to cook steak using a frying pan? If not, I will guide you by showing how I do it.
I am using rib eye steak for this demonstration.You may also try using other steak cuts if preferred. The outcome of this quick cooking demo is a certified tried and tested rare steak that is so tender (this is not an exaggeration) and juicy. Feel free to use any steak sauce that you like best, or you can even have this without any sauce since it is already tasty.
Salt and pepper gives this steak its basic flavor. The garlic, butter, and dried bay leaves makes it taste even better and pushes it up a level or two higher than a basic steak. You will know what I am talking about once you try it.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steaks. Rub and make sure that all the area are completely covered. Let it stay for 10 minutes
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Gently fry one side of the steak for 1 minute.
- Turn the steak over to fry the other side. Add garlic and bay leaves and fry for 1 minute. Scoop some butter and oil over the steak while frying.
- Flip the steak to continue to cook the other side. For rare steaks do this step until each side is cooked for a total of 3 minutes. If you do not like some pink in your steak, cook it a little bit longer.
- Remove the steaks from the pan. Lay it fat over a wooden chopping board. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the juicy rib eye steaks. Enjoy!