Tuna Pasta Alfredo is a good dish to make at this time. It is quick and easy to cook, and the ingredients are easy to source. In fact, it is available is most grocery stores. Aside from its simplicity and ease in preparation, I also love this dish because it is delicious.
Note: You might also want to try this recipe for creamy pasta with sweet basil sauce later on.
How to Cook Tuna Pasta Alfredo
Cooking this yummy pasta dish only takes less than 30 minutes. The first thing to do is cook the linguine according to package instructions. Set it aside and cover it with cling wrap to ensure that it does not dry up while you are cooking the Alfredo sauce. Spaghetti and fettuccine are also good alternatives.
Start to cook the Alfredo sauce by melting butter in a pan. While the butter is melting, add the chopped garlic right away. Doing this lets the garlic cook slowly as the butter melts, which prevents it from getting burnt. In addition, most of the flavors from the garlic are extracted during the process. It helps make the sauce tasty.
Keep and eye on the garlic. Once you see it start turning brown, immediately add all-purpose cream and stir. Add fresh milk afterwards and wait until it simmers. Get tuna ready by draining the liquid (either oil or water) that comes with it in the can. Let the mixture boil and then add tuna. Continue cooking for a minute in low heat while stirring. Finish the sauce by adding cheese and seasonings.
Lastly, combine the cooked linguine and Alfredo sauce. Toss until coated. Add chopped parsley if desired.
Try this rich and creamy Tuna Pasta Alfredo recipe. Enjoy!
Tuna Pasta Alfredo
- 1 lb. linguine cooked
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose cream
- 1 1/4 cups fresh milk
- 6 oz. tuna in can
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a pan. Add garlic. Cook while stirring until garlic starts to brown.
- Add all-purpose cream. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour-in fresh milk. Stir. Let boil.
- Add tuna. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put the Parmesan cheese into the pan. Cook for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add the cooked linguine. Toss until pasta is coated with sauce. Add chopped parsley if desired.
- Transfer to a pasta bowl. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Tuna Pasta Alfredo