I enjoy eating creamy dishes. This Chicken Pasta with Creamy Basil Sauce is one of the dishes that I normally cook on a weekend for my family. This particular recipe is special because I got a chance to use a new seasoning that helped my chicken pasta become tastier. I can’t wait to share it with you.
Since I talked about weekend dishes for the family, I am curious to know the dishes that you usually cook for your loved ones on your free time. Can you tell me by commenting below? As for me aside from pastas, I also like making macaroni salads and special dishes such as lengua in creamy sauce.
How to Cook Chicken Pasta with Creamy Basil Sauce
This is probably one of the easiest chicken pastas that you will ever make. Start by preparing the chicken. Use boneless chicken breasts when making this dish and cut it into cubes. Add Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning and then mix everything together. Marinate for 15 minutes. This will allow the chicken to absorb the flavors from the marinade.
Cook the pasta and broccoli by boiling around 8 cups of water in a cooking pot. Add the bowtie pasta once the water boils. You can also use macaroni or ziti for this recipe. Stir and cook the pasta for 7 minutes. Add the broccoli to the same cooking pot and continue to cook the pasta and broccoli for another 4 minutes. Remove from the pot by pouring to a colander. This will also drain the water. Set the cooked pasta and broccoli aside. We will add these later.
The marinated chicken is ready for cooking. Melt half of the butter in a pan. Start to cook the chicken once you see the butter start to bubble. Make sure to use medium heat or lower when dealing with butter so that it does not get burnt quickly. You see, butter has a low smoke point compared to regular cooking oils. It has the tendency to literally produce smoke when exposed to high temperature over a long period of time. Cook the chicken until the color turns light brown. Continue cooking for 5 minutes while stirring every 30 seconds. Remove the chicken from the pan. Set aside.
The creamy basil sauce is the life of this pasta dish. It is fresh and tastes just right. Start by making a roux. Melt the remaining butter in a pot. Add all-purpose flour. Stir until well blended. Pour milk and stir. Let boil. You will notice that the mixture gets thicker. You are in the right track if that is the case. Add the fresh chopped basil and cook for around 30 seconds. I also add half a pint of heavy whipping cream to make the sauce extra creamy. All-purpose cream and table cream are good alternative ingredients to it. Lastly, add cheese to provide flavor to the sauce. I am using shredded cheddar cheese for this recipe. Romano and Parmesan cheeses can also be used.
The cooked chicken goes into the sauce. Simply add it int the pot with sauce and stir. The flavors from the chicken and its marinade eventually gets blended into the sauce making it more flavorful. I also add sliced bell peppers for that nice fresh taste and visual contrast. Season with ground black pepper. Also check if you need extra saltiness. If so, add salt or more cheese.
Add the cooked pasta and broccoli into the pot. Toss until completely coated with creamy basil sauce.
It is easy and simple. Refer to the recipe below and watch the video for guidance. Send me a comment if you have questions.
Try this Chicken Pasta with Creamy Basil Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chicken Pasta with Creamy Basil Sauce
- 3/4 lb. bowtie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning
- 12 ounces chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Water for cooking the pasta
- Prepare the chicken by adding 3 tablespoons of Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning. Mix until the chicken is completely coated. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add pasta. Cook for 7 minutes. Put the broccoli into the same pot. Boil for 4 minutes. Drain the water and set the pasta and broccoli aside.
- Melt 1 ½ tablespoons butter in a pan. Add the marinated chicken once the butter starts to bubble. Continue to cook for 5 minutes more after the chicken turns light brown. Set aside.
- Prepare the creamy basil sauce by melting the remaining butter on a cooking pot. Add all-purpose flour and stir thoroughly until both ingredients are well blended. Pour milk and continue to stir until it starts to boil. Add the fresh chopped basil. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Pour heavy whipping cream and add cheese. Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pot. Stir. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add red bell pepper and season with ground black pepper.
- Put the cooked pasta and broccoli back into the pot. Toss.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!