Soft beef tacos is beef tacos that with a soft tortilla. Soft tacos are definitely a winner, as far as I am concerned. The best soft taco that I had was the Taco Asada. Instead of using ground meat, carne asada or seasoned grilled steak is employed.
This beef tacos recipe is pretty much similar to Taco Asada; the only difference is the method applied in cooking the steak. Instead of grilling, I fried the steak in olive oil. I selected this method because I want the meat to quickly absorb the marinade. I did that by chopping the steak before marinating – grilling chopped steak would be quite a challenge.
Try this Soft Beef Tacos recipe and send me your feedback.
Soft Beef Tacos (Carne Asada)
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion yellow or white, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl then mix together.
- Put-in the chopped steak and mix with the marinade. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Make the salsa.Grill the salsa ingredients until the color turns light to medium brown.Remove the ingredients from the grill and set aside until the temperature goes down.Liquefy the salsa ingredients using a blender or food processor then set aside.
- Combine chopped cilantro, lime juice and sliced onion in a bowl then mix. Set aside. This will be the topping.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan then pour-in 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put-in the marinated steak and fry until color turns brown while the texture remains tender. Note: While doing this process, the juices and marinade absorbed by the steak may come out. This is normal; all you need to do is to wait until the liquids evaporate. Stir once in a while until the liquid is gone and the steaks are fried.
- Turn off heat and transfer the cooked steak in a plate.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towel and microwave for a minute.
- Place the tortillas in a plate then arrange the cooked steak over it.
- Top with the mixture of cilantro, onion, and lime juice. Spoon-in some salsa and sprinkle your favorite cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!