This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re like me, you’re always on the lookout for ways to put a twist on classic household staples. Whether it’s pantry ingredients or frozen proteins, there’s never a bad time to try out something new, especially when its components are simple and inexpensive! CDO Idol Cheesedog is one such example of a dish that is simple and timeless, yet can be used in a wide variety of ways. So why not try some of those today, in the form of a breaded cheese dog? These Idol Cheese Dog Bread Rolls and Idol Bites are fun and exciting ways to enjoy these yummy hotdogs.
If you’ve ever had pigs in a blanket, this is essentially an easier and more accessible way to enjoy that classic. The breaded cheese dog combined everything you love: fluffy dough, tender hotdogs, and of course, a cheese-filled surprise. And today, we’re not only making one version of this dish! We have to put our Idol Cheese Dogs to good use, after all. And what better way to do that than to make Idol Cheese Dog Bread Rolls, too? Golden brown and gorgeous, this is another wonderful way to enjoy your hotdogs.
Instead of your regular hotsilog or fried ham and cheese rolls, give these Idol Bites a try! Whether at a party or with your close loved ones, this compact snack will bring a smile to anyone’s face. And it’s so easy to make, too!
First things first: Let’s make your Idol Bites!
Making these pigs in a blanket dupes begins with the soft and fluffy dough that wraps around your Idol Cheese Dogs! Combine 2 cups of flour, 1 ¼ cup of evaporated milk, and 2 teaspoons of salt in a bowl. Once you mix these well, set them aside and prepare your wet ingredients — milk, canola oil, and egg — in another bowl. Blend these just as well, before combining both dry and wet ingredients and mixing just as thoroughly. When you’re happy with your mix, you can start kneading your dough until you get a perfectly elastic texture. Mold your dough into a ball figure, cover it, and let it rest for 15 minutes. This will help distribute the liquid, so that every part of your dough is tender and smooth.
Fifteen minutes up? We recommend dividing the dough into two parts in order to make it easier to flatten. Use a rolling pin to do just that; flatten the dough, then slice them into small triangles. These triangles are what you’ll use to wrap around each piece of your CDO Idol Cheesedogs! Do this until you’ve wrapped all the cheesedogs with your dough. Your breaded cheesedog dishes are coming along perfectly!
With an egg and a tablespoon of evaporated milk, make your egg wash, and brush it over your breaded cheesedog. Then, pop your Idol Bites in either the oven or air fryer, and let those cheesedogs cook! If you’re using the former, 12 to 15 minutes at 190C should be enough. Otherwise, using an air fryer would take about 8 minutes, on 180C.
With your timer done, take your breaded cheesedog pieces and slice each in half. See that cheesy center, and that tender, delicious bread? That looks absolutely marvelous! Arrange your Idol Bites on a serving plate and enjoy popping each delight in your mouth!
But of course, we can’t forget about those Idol Cheesedog Bread Rolls, too!
For those who want a little more crunchiness and texture, fret not! This version of the breaded cheesedog has all that and more. And the first thing you need is a loaf of tasty bread! Flatten each slice with a rolling pin, and spread creamy, tangy mayonnaise on one side. Take 12 CDO Idol Cheesedogs, and wrap your now flat, mayonnaise-covered bread around each dog. To ensure it doesn’t fall apart, make sure to secure it with a toothpick!
Prepare your beaten eggs in one bowl, and a cup of Panko breadcrumbs in another. Heat 1 ½ cups of cooking oil in a small cooking pot, making sure it’s perfect for frying. Once it is, dip your breaded cheesedogs in your egg mixture, then roll it around your Panko breadcrumbs. Coat it thoroughly, ensuring that you’ve left no part uncovered! Deep fry your Idol Cheesedog Bread Rolls in the pot (watch out for hot oil!) and wait until you attain that beautiful golden brown hue. Line a drying rack with a paper towel, and once done frying, put your breaded cheesedogs there to shake off excess oil.
When finished, slice your hotdogs in half and arrange them on a serving plate. You can serve them alongside your Idol Bites or on a different plate entirely. Either way, it’s time to dig in! Your breaded cheesedog bites are sure to be the star of any gathering or party — once you pop one in your mouth, you won’t be able to get enough!
Share and enjoy! Did you enjoy working with these Idol Cheesedogs? Tell us which rendition is your favorite!
Idol Bites ingredients:
- 12 CDO Idol Cheesedog
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
Idol Cheese Dog Bread Roll Ingredients:
- 12 CDO Idol Cheesedog
- 12 sliced tasty bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups cooking oil
- Start making the idol bites by preparing the dough. Combine flour, evaporated milk, and salt in a bowl. Mix well and set aside. On another bowl, combine milk, canola oil, and egg. Mix well until all the ingredients are well blended. Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Mold into a ball figure. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts to make it easier to flatten. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and then slice it into small triangles.
- Wrap 2 triangular dough near the two sides of each piece of CDO Idol Cheese Dog. Do this step until all cheese dogs are done.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the egg wash ingredients. Brush it over the wrapped dough.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 190C or air fry at 180C for 8 minutes. Slice in half and arrange on a serving plate. Serve.
- Prepare the Idol Cheese Dog Bread Roll. Flatten each slice of bread using a rolling pin. Spread mayonnaise on one side. Wrap the bread around each CDO Idol Cheese Dog. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a small cooking pot.
- While the oil is heating up. Dip the wrapped cheese dog in beaten egg and then roll it over the Panko breadcrumbs until it gets completely coated. Deep fry until the breading turns golden brown. Slice into half and arrange on a serving plate. Share and enjoy!