Linguine Pasta with Clams is a good idea for a quick and easy lunch. I like this pasta dish because it is pleasing to the palate: the flavor is not overwhelming and so delish!
I used ready-to-cook littleneck clams for this recipe. These are the frozen round clams available in the grocery store that were already cleaned and pre-cooked. If in case you will be using fresh clams, make sure that you brush the outer shell of the clams and soak them in fresh water until the clams open. Doing this will let the clams spit-out sand and other impurities that they have inside.
The flavor of this dish is very mild. The clam juice and white wine are base while the spices and vegetables enhances the flavor. While this dish may not sound very tasty, it’s mild flavor is its main asset: its not overpowering and very pleasant.
Try this Linguine Pasta with Clams recipe. Let me know what you think.
Linguine Pasta with Clams
- 1 1/2 lbs round clam cleaned
- 1 lb. linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 3 stalks scallions finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces bottled clam juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the linguine according to package instructions. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion turns soft.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and clams. Stir.
- Pour-in white wine and clam juice. Continue to cook until the liquid reduces in half.
- Add scallions and salt.
- Pour the cooked clams along with the sauce over the cooked linguine pasta. Toss.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!