Luncheon Meat Mac Salad with Cheese is a quick and easy version of macaroni salad that anyone can prepare anytime. It tastes good and is budget-friendly too. This is one of the recipes that I recommend to new moms who want to learn how to cook.
This recipe requires less amount of cooking. Only the macaroni needs to be boiled. It just takes around 7 minutes to do this. The luncheon meat, on the other hand, will need to be diced. It can be added to the salad right away since luncheon meat straight out of the can are already pre-cooked, or you can quickly pan fry these for a few minutes before adding. You can also use canned meatloaf or ham as alternative ingredients.
I like more cheese on my mac salad. It makes it richer and flavorful. Sharp cheddar cheese is what I usually use, but feel free to utilize the type of cheese that you prefer. Parmesan cheese will work with this recipe, so as Monterey Jack and Colby-jack.
Consider making this quick and easy luncheon meat mac salad with cheese next weekend for your family. They will surely love it!
Try this Luncheon Meat Mac Salad with Cheese Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Luncheon Meat Mac Salad with Cheese
- ¾ lbs. small elbow macaroni
- 6 oz 170g luncheon meat, sliced into small cubes
- 1 cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion minced
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- Pour water into a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt. Put the macaroni into the pot. Cover and let the liquid re-boil. Continue to cook for 7 minutes. Drain water from the pot and around 4 to 5 cups of water in room temperature. Drain one more time. Set the macaroni aside.
- Prepare the dressing by combining Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, onion, sweet pickle relish, salt, ground black pepper, and cheese. Mix well.
- Add luncheon meat and macaroni. Fold until well blended.
- Season with additional salt and ground black pepper, if needed
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve right away or chill inside the fridge before serving.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Make Luncheon Meat Mac Salad with Cheese