Misua with Patola and Meatballs is a version of albondigas that makes use of baked meatballs. These yummy meatballs are special because I made it using my pork burger patty recipe. There is not any doubt about how tasty these morsels are going to be.
I know that Misua with Patola and Meatballs is a soup dish. However, I eat this with rice, which is the way I always do ever since I can remember. I am sure that most of you do the same, and that makes it quite normal.
As I mentioned, the tasty meatballs are actually my pork burger patty mixture shaped into a ball. You can make Salisbury steak out of the mixture or turn these into yummy meatballs for this misua with meatballs soup. Since it is getting colder, I opted to make a soup with it.
Do not forget the patola for this soup dish, or it will never be the same. Make sure that you select young patola so that you are sure that it will be tender. Otherwise, the texture will be a bit rough. Wait a few more days and you can use it as a bath scrub.
Try this Misua with Patola and Meatballs Soup Recipe. Enjoy!
Misua with Patola and Meatballs
- 2 oz. misua thin flour noodles
- 1 large patola loofah, sliced
- 1 recipe for pork burger patty
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scoop a tablespoon of pork burger patty mixture and roll it on your hands until it turns into a ball shaped figure. Arrange the meatballs in a greased baking tray.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot
- Sauté the garlic and onion
- Once the onion starts to get soft, add the baked meatballs.
- Pour the chicken broth and water in the pot. Let boil. Set heat between low and medium, cover, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the patola. Continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the misua and green onion. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!