Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe is the next level burger steak. The burger is moist and tasty, while the mushroom gravy is rich, thick, and delicious. This goes perfect over mashed potato or as a topping for rice.
The burger steak patties are easy to make. Simply prepare all the ingredients listed below and combine all the ones under pork patty (except for the broth and oil). This will result in a mixture that you can mold into balls. Press the molded balls until a disk shape is formed. Your pork burger steak patties are ready to cook.
The patties were cooked by pan-frying until the sides turn dark brown while the inside gets evenly cooked. Beef broth was added to add moisture. This keeps the patties juicy.
Mushroom gravy makes this dish more interesting. It adds more flavors and gives the pork burger additional goodness. The recipe for the mushroom gravy is detailed below.
Try this Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe. Enjoy!
Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon beef powder
- 1 ¾ cup beef broth
- a dash of ground black pepper
- salt to taste optional
- 7 oz. canned button mushrooms sliced
- Make the patty by combining all the pork patty ingredients in a large bowl, except for the cooking oil and beef broth. Mix well. Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Gently press to form the patties.
- Heat cooking oil in a wide pan
- Once the oil gets hot, pan fry one side of the pork burger patty in low to medium heat for 3 minutes. Flip the patty to cook the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the beef broth in the pan. Cover the pan and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the liquid almost dries out, but not completely. Turn the heat off and transfer to a plate. Let the burger soak on the remaining liquid.
- Prepare the mushroom gravy by melting butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir. Cook in low to medium heat while constantly stirring until a brown lump is formed.
- Pour-in beef broth. Stir.
- Add the beef powder and cook while stirring constantly until the texture becomes thick. Add more beef broth or water if needed.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper and then add the mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes. Taste the gravy and decide if salt is needed.
- Arrange the pork burger steak patties on a serving plate. Top with mushroom gravy.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!