This Moist Banana Bread with Raisins Recipe is true to its name; it will give you moist and yummy banana bread with a few easy steps. I love to eat cold banana bread, so I had this chilled inside the fridge for at least 2 hours and had it with a cup of black coffee as a mid afternoon snack.
This moist banana bread recipe is simple. However, it is important that you pay extra attention to the state and amount of banana that you will use. Overripe bananas are best, as far as I am concerned. It is also recommended to use 2 extra large bananas, or 3 medium sized bananas to attain the best possible result.
You can use a Pyrex loaf pan (like what I did), or any regular aluminum or metal loaf pan that you have available when baking the banana bread– it does not matter. However, since not all ovens work the same, I suggest that you check if your moist banana bread with raisins is done within 45 minutes of baking using the toothpick test. Simply stick a piece of toothpick into your banana bread and pull it out completely. If it comes out clean, then you can remove the bread from the oven. Otherwise, continue to bake until the bread is completely done.
I might have told you that I love chilled banana bread. You can prepare this the same way that I do, or simple serve it immediately after baking. The choice is yours. Enjoy!
Try this Moist Banana Bread with Raisins recipe. Let me know what you think.
Moist Banana Bread with Raisins
- 2 large ripe bananas or 3 medium bananas , mashed
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces raisins
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 340F
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl
- Add the bananas and oil. Continue to mix until the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- On a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and raisins. Mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix.
- Grease a loaf pan and then pour the mixture on it.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Slice the banana bread with raisins and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.