This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cooking Mongolian Beef is easier than what you might be expecting. Okay, it looks delicious and complicated, I assure you that this tastes good, but it is very easy to prepare. If you are new to cooking or about to try your first dish, this Mongolian Beef Recipe is perfect for you. If you insist, You can thank me later by sharing this post to your social group.
Try this Mongolian Beef Recipe.Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. sirloin or flank steak thinly sliced and cut into serving pieces
- 1 thumb minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or sherry
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vinegar white, rice, or cane
- A bit of Sriracha sauce optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Season the beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Dust the beef in 2 teaspoon cornstarch. I do this by combining the beef and cornstarch in a resealable bag, seal the bag with some air inside, and shake the bag until the beef is coated.
- Pan-fry the beef in medium heat for 1 minute per side. Do this in batches so that the beef gets cooked properly and the pan does not get over crowded. Remove the pan-fried beef from the pan. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar,1 teaspoon cornstarch, cooking wine, hoisin sauce, vinegar, Sriracha, sesame oil, and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl.Mix well and set aside.
- On the same pan with remaining oil, add the garlic and ginger. Stir and cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Put-in the beef. Stir.
- Pour-in the soy sauce mixture. Quickly stir and cook until the sauce gets thick.
- Add the scallions. Cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with white rice. Share and enjoy!