This is a recipe for No Bake Lasagna, Pinoy Style. I made this for those of you who want to make your own homemade Filipino style lasagna, but do not have a conventional oven to finish it on. This recipe suggests the use of a microwave oven. It is nice to have so that you are able to melt the cheese on top. If you don’t have a microwave oven available, that is fine too. You can quickly dive into this yummy treat after assembling it.
Pinoy style lasagna means that I modified the recipe to cater to the Filipino taste buds using ingredients that are readily available from most locations. I even made it simpler to lower the cost of production, without sacrificing its quality and overall taste.
I think that this is a successful dish. Although the texture is a bit softer than the baked version, the flavor compensates to that limitation. I you watched the video below, you can see me nibble through the entire serving. It is hard to stop eating once you have started. I enjoyed the full serving and tried to control myself from getting more. You really have to try this recipe if you are a pasta lover. Here are our other lasagna recipes for your reference.
Don’t forget to send your feedback and suggestions by writing a comment. Have a wonderful day!
Try this No Bake Lasagna Recipe. Let me know what you think.
No Bake Lasagna
- 12 piece lasagna
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 5 to 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 piece yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 cans cans tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the meat sauce by searing the ground pork until light brown. Do this by heating a pan and then add the ground pork. Let the pork cook for 30 seconds and then stir for 15 seconds while trying to separate the meat from each other. Let the side that touches the pan cook for another 30 seconds and then repeat the process until the pork turns light to medium brown.
- Add onion. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic. Continue to cook until onion becomes soft.
- Add chopped parsley and dried basil. Stir.
- Pour tomato sauce into the pan. Stir. Let boil. Cover and cook in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste. Stir. Cover and cook in low heat for 12 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Set the meat sauce aside.
- Start to prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a sauce pan.
- Gradually add the flour. Stir the mixture continuously until it forms a huge lump.
- Pour milk into the sauce pan. Stir thoroughly until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Add cheese. Stir until melted. Set the white sauce aside.
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add salt. Boil the lasagna for 10 minutes or use the instruction from the package.
- Let the lasagna cool down by discarding the water. You can add tap water to it so that it won't be soggy and for it to cool down quickly.
- Assemble the lasagna in a square or rectangular baking pan by pouring the meat sauce into the pan. Top with a layer of lasagna (around 4 pieces). Top the lasagna layer with meat sauce, followed by the white sauce. Continue the process by doing the same step until the lasagna is consumed. Finalize the topping by adding shredded cheese on top.
- Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!