Orange Glazed Pork is something that you should try to make if you want to make your lunch more interesting. If you are a fan of orange chicken, you will like this dish. It taste almost like it less the sticky texture.
I love to have orange glazed pork for lunch along with yang chow fried rice. If I am lazy (which is most of the time), I just make a simple ham and egg fried rice — plain rice will do too, but I suggest going with fried rice for a much better experience.
Try this Orange Glazed Pork Recipe. Let me know how you liked it.
Orange Glazed Pork
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper all over the pork. Toss the pork to distribute the seasoning. Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil becomes hot, dredge the pork in cornstarch then deep fry for 5 to 8 minutes or until the color turns golden brown and the texture becomes crisp.
- Remove the cooked pork from the cooking pot. Place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Make the orange glaze by combining water, vinegar, and soy sauce in a saucepan. Stir and let boil.
- Add the garlic powder and brown sugar. Stir and cook until the liquid reduces in half.
- Pour the glaze all over the pork. Toss to coat the pork completely.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!