This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oriental Lomi is an easy soup dish composed of round miki noodles, Chinese sausage, pork, and veggies. This version is more of the Chinese version and it is easier to prepare compared to the famous Batangas lomi. What I liked about this version aside from its ease of preparation is the delicious taste.
Oriental Lomi, as far as I am concerned, can be consumed anytime of the day. I intentionally had this for lunch, and it was really good. There were some leftovers, so I had to place it in the fridge for later use. I had half of what’s left for dinner and the rest for breakfast the next day.
The Chinese sausage is essential for this recipe because it gives this lomi version its oriental flavor. You can substitute the pork with chicken and you can also try to add other appropriate vegetables that you want.
If you want a thicker lomi version with more ingredients, checkout our previous lomi recipe.
Try this Oriental Lomi Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 15 oz. fresh round miki noodles
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 cup chopped Savoy cabbage
- 2 pieces chinese sausage sliced diagonally
- 1/2 lb pork thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute the onion and garlic. Make sure that the garlic do not get burnt.
- When the onion gets soft, add the pork. Cook until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in the Chinese sausage. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and water. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put-in the lomi noodles. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add the carrot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the savoy cabbage and scallions. Stir. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour diluted in water. Yes, this is flour that we are using this time, although I know that most of us are used to cornstarch. Cook while stirring until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Put-in the egg. Quickly stir until the egg blends with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!