This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Kids love oven baked crusted pork loin. This dish is tender, low in fat, and can be eaten with their favorite condiments. I like having this with ketchup and baked fries on the side.
The preparation for oven baked crusted pork loin involves 2 cooking methods: pan-frying and baking. Before we head to the process, let me point out that the pork loin slices needs to be coated with Panko breadcrumbs first. The first thing that you need to do is to dredge the pork in flour so that all the liquid is absorbed. Next is to dip it in beaten egg mixture. This will help hold the breadcrumbs. You guessed it right; the last step before we pan fry is to coat the pork with breadcrumbs. As stated in the recipe, I used Panko bread crumbs. If this ingredient is not easily accessible, try using ordinary breadcrumbs or even Italian bread crumbs. This is somewhat similar to pork loin tonkatsu.
Pan-frying the pork loin cooks the outer part of the pork loin and sets the color of the bread crumb. Doing this for a long time can burn the bread crumb and absorb more oil, as well. This is where baking comes in. when the pork loin is baked, the inner part is slowly cooked while avoiding the crust to get too dark or burnt. It also releases fat from the pork.
Try this Oven Baked Crusted Pork Loin recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1/2 lb. pork loin sliced crosswise
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the sliced pork. Gently rub and then let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dredge the pork in flour and then dip in beaten egg. Place the pork in the bowl with the breadcrumbs and press a little to let the bread crumbs coat and stick.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Pan-fry the crusted pork in low to medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pan fried pork in an oven tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite condiment. Share and enjoy!