This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Paksiw na Lechon Manok is the chicken version of lechon paksiw. This dish is composed of leftover spit-roasted chicken and my homemade lechon manok sauce. It is great with warm white rice. I cannot tell you how many cups of rice I had with this dish. It was so yummy and tasty to the point of losing count. You can have brown rice though to lessen that guilt feeling.
This recipe is also good with rotisserie chicken. This is a great alternative for people who are located outside of the Philippines where our traditional lechon manok is not available (by the way, I have published a lechon manok recipe, in case you are interested. The link can be found in the recipe below).
Note that you can always make your own lechon sauce using our recipe (see below) even if rotisserie chicken is used. Otherwise, feel free to use bottled lechon sauce.
Since I mentioned rotisserie chicken, there is an arroz caldo recipe that you can make with it or with lechon manok. I called it Rotisserie Chicken Arroz Caldo. It is off topic but the weather is starting to get chilly. You might want to keep yourself warm while enjoying good food.
Try this Paksiw na Lechon Manok Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Lechon Manok sliced into individual pieces
- 2 cups Lechon manok sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 4 cloves garlic minced and minced
- 1 medium onions minced
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauce the garlic and onion until the onion gets soft.
- Add the lechon manok (set roasted chicken) and pour-in water and lechon manok sauce. Stir and let boil.
- Add the peppercorn, bay leaves, chicken bouillon, and soy sauce. cover and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar in the pot. Let the mixture re-boil. Stir and add the sugar and salt.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.