Pesang Isda with Ginisang Miso is one combination that I enjoy eating with rice. The main dish is fish that was cooked in ginger broth along with green leafy vegetables. It has a nice and mild flavor. Ginisang miso, on the other hand, is sautéed yellow miso with tomato and crumbled tofu. It is quite flavorful. This is the reason why both dishes go well when eaten together.
How to Cook Pesang Isda with Ginisang Miso
Both dishes are simple and easy to prepare. Start by cooking Ginisang Miso. This serves as a side dish for the fish. It only takes less than 15 minutes cook.
Saute onion and garlic and then add tomato. Cook until tomato softens. Add crumbled tofu. I am using extra firm tofu for this recipe. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated before adding the yellow miso. You can also use white miso as an alternative ingredient. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Season with soy sauce and ground black pepper. You can also add water if you want it to have a bit of sauce. Set it on the side for now and serve it with the fish later, once it is ready.
Cooking the fish in ginger broth is also quick and easy. I like using fried fish because it has that nice flavor that blends well with the ginger broth.
Simply fry the fish until it turns golden brown. Let it rest for 5 minutes after frying.
Make the soup dish by sautéing onion, ginger, and garlic. Add rice washing afterwards and let it boil. This ingredient is actually the water used to clean the rice. You can make one by combining water and rice in a bowl. Wash rice thoroughly and separate the water. This is now your rice washing. As for the rice, continue cooking it in a rice cooker or any way that you prefer.
Put the fish in the pan once the liquid has boiled for 2 minutes. This is enough time to extract the flavors from the aromatics. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes and then add the vegetbles. Season with fish sauce.
This combination is best served with warm white rice.
Try this Pesang Isda with Ginisang Miso Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pesang Isda with Ginisang Miso
- Prepare Ginisang Miso by heating oil in a pan. Add onion. Saute for 20 seconds.
- Add garlic. Continue cooking for 10 seconds. Put the tomato in the pan and then saute until both tomato and onion softens.
- Add crumbled tofu. Stir and cook until all ingredients are well blended.
- Put the Miso in the pan. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ground black pepper, and water. Stir. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a serving bowl. Set aside.
- Start making Pesang Isda by frying the fish. Heat oil in a wok. Fry one side of the fish until it turns golden brown in color. Turn it over and do the same on the opposite side. Remove from the pan and place on a clean plate. Set aside.
- On a clean pan, heat oil. Saute onion and ginger. Cook until the layers of the onion separate. Add garlic. Continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Pour rice washing and add whole peppercorn. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add fried fish. Cook one side for 3 minutes. Turn it over and boil the opposite side for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and add remaining vegetables. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Serve with Ginisang Miso. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Pesang Isda with Ginisang Miso