This atcharang labanos recipe is simply amazing. Atcharang labanos is a Filipino term that is used to describe Pickled Daikon Radish. This is a simple pickled radish prepared using basic pickling ingredients.
Atcharang labanos is best paired with fried fish or meat along with steamed white rice.
Daikon is a type of white Asian radish. These types of radishes are usually large by nature. It is widely used in Asia as a pickling ingredient and is also added to main dishes.
This should not be mistaken as ensaladang labanos or daikon salad. Although both look and almost taste the same, the latter is not pickled and it makes us of tomato.
Try this Atcharang Labanos Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Atcharang Labanos Recipe
- 3 medium daikon radish
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cup cane or white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- Slice the daikon crosswise as thin as possible.Use a mandolin slicer for better results.
- Sprinkle 3 1/4 tablespoons of salt over the daikon. Mix well. Leave for 30 minutes. Put the daikon in a colander and wash with running water. Let the water drip.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar and whole peppercorn. Mix well and then microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Arrange the daikon and onion in a pickling jar. Pour-in the vinegar mixture.Cover the jar and refrigerate for 3 days.
- Serve as side dish during lunch or dinner.
- Share and enjoy!