Pininyahang Manok sa Gata or Chicken with pineapple cooked in coconut milk is the perfect Filipino dish that you can prepare for lunch during the weekend or anytime of the week. This dish is tasty and so colorful that it satisfies both your eyes and taste buds — not to mention your hungry tummy.
This Pininyahang Manok sa Gata recipe is a variation of our first pininyahang manok recipe (wherein we used fresh milk). Both version are good, and it is up to you to decide on which you like most among the two versions.
I like to have piniyahang manok sa gata over warm rice. I thought that the combination of coconut milk, pineapple, and the vegetables is perfect. This reminds me of our pinoy chicken curry recipe (less the curry), which I really liked.
Try this Pininyahang Manok Recipe. Cheers!
Pininyahang Manok sa Gata
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 14 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 small carrots sliced diagonally
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 medium plum tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken in the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple chunks for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, tomato, and garlic.
- Add the ground black pepper. Stir.
- Add the chicken pieces one-by-one. Cook until the color turns light brown. Flip the chicken to cook the other side.
- Pour the pineapple juice marinade on the pan. Let boil.
- Add the coconut milk. Stir. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the fish sauce and pineapple chunks. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the carrots. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!