This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pinoy Fruit Salad is a quick and easy dessert perfect for the warm weather. This dish makes use of canned fruit cocktail, table cream, and condensed milk. The mixture is chilled inside the fridge overnight before serving, to get the best result.
All the ingredients should be available in most supermarkets. Table cream can also be labeled as “media crema” in some stores. Condensed milk or “condensada” is a thick sweet milk that every Filipino knows (or should know). I think that even sari-sari stores carry this product. Back in the days, I use this as a filling for pandesal (which tastes good, especially if you are tired of dipping your pandesal in coffee every time).
This Pinoy Fruit Salad recipe that we have here makes use of one additional ingredient that makes it look and taste better – maraschino cherries. This type of cherries is also called cocktail cherries because it is widely used as an ingredient for cocktails. This is an optional ingredient, so don’t worry if it is not available in your area.
I recommend this recipe to beginners because this does not involve heat. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients, mix, refrigerate, and serve. Sure, it sounds really simple because it is, but the result is more than simple – it is delicious.
Try this Pinoy Fruit Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 cans 30 oz. fruit cocktail
- 1 can 7.6 oz. table cream
- 7 oz. 1/2 can condensed milk
- 12 pieces maraschino cherries
- Open the fruit cocktail and drain the syrup by pouring it on a colander. Let the liquid drain totally (around 30 minutes).
- Arrange the drained fruit cocktail in a mixing bowl. Add the table cream, condensed milk, and maraschino cherries.
- Gently fold the mixture until all the ingredients are well distributed. Cover the mixing bowl with sling wrap then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!