This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pork BBQ Fried Rice is something that I wish to have when craving for fried rice. Yes, I also love Yang Chow Fried Rice because it is also good. You see, Pork BBQ Fried Rice and Yang Chow requires barbecued pork or char siu for best results. These fried rice dishes will surely stand-out if the proper ingredients are used.
Preparing Pork BBQ fried rice is simple. What I did was to prepare or make my own barbecued pork, and make fried rice the way that I normally teach everyone. What makes this version special is that you can enjoy this without any main dish. The pork and other ingredients makes this fried rice recipe a meal in itself.
Try this Pork BBQ Fried Rice Recipe. Let me now what you think.
- 4 cups leftover white rice preferably refrigerated
- ½ lb. char siu pork bbq, sliced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Put the leftover rice in a large mixing bowl. Make sure that the grains are not sticking to each other.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in the mixing bowl. Gently mix all the ingredients using a large spoon until well blended.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the cooking oil in a wide pan.
- Once the oil gets hot, pour the beaten eggs on the pan. Cook each side for 1 minute. Remove the egg from the pan and place in a plate. Set aside.
- Add the remaining cooking oil. Once the oil gets hot, add the sliced char siu (pork bbq) in the pan. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the rice mixture. Try to fold the rice once in a while using a spatula. Continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice. Quickly fold the rice to distribute the liquid ingredients evenly. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked egg over the rice. Using the tip of a spatula, divide the eggs into multiple pieces by slicing into it. Continue to fold so that the egg gets distributed equally.
- Add the green onions. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!