This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Basil Pork is a simple and delicious Asian dish that I enjoy when I get the chance. Today was one of these chances because I was able to get some fresh holy basil. Although regular fresh basil can be used, I still try to use holy basil to make it taste more authentic.
I love how basil pork taste: it is a bit sweet and there is a little salty flavor from the fish sauce and soy sauce. The basil gives the dish a nice flavor and also helps the dish attain its fresh taste and provides an appetizing aroma.
A cup of steamed white rice and a piece of fried egg is all that it takes to make your lunch meal complete — or should I say two cups of rice.
Try this Basil Pork Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon miced chili peppers birds eye chili
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 cup fresh holy basil leaves removed from the stem
- 1/2 cup sliced red and green bell peppers combined
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cookinf oil in a wok. Once the oil gets hot, add the garlic and chili.Stir and cook until the garlic turns medium brown.
- Add the ground pork. Stir-fry for 2 to 5 minutes or until the pork turns light brown.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and fish sauce. Continue to stir-fry.
- Add the sugar, holy basil, and bell peppers. Stir-fry for 3 to 6 minutes.
- Arrange in a plate with rice and fried egg.
- Serve. share and enjoy!