I enjoy eating pork menudo. In fact, it is one of my favorites. Pork Menudo sa Gata has the same great taste as our beloved menudo. It is also richer and creamier as a result of adding coconut milk. I’m sure that you will enjoy this dish as much as I did. Take it easy on the rice though.
How to Cook Pork Menudo sa Gata
Cooking this dish is almost similar to cooking traditional Filipino pork menudo. The only differences are the use of coconut milk, and the absence of pork liver. This is a fit for those who don’t like to eat liver, but loves ginataan dishes.
This is a quick and easy dish that can be prepared within the hour. I like to have it for dinner.
Start by sauteeing the aromatics. This includes onion and garlic. Once onion softens, add pork and saute until it turns light brown in color.
Add the liquid ingredients (tomato sauce and coconut milk) and let boil. Continue boiling in low to medium heat until the pork gets tender. It took me around 45 minutes to tenderize the pork. The duration may vary depending on the quality of the meat. Make sure to add more water if needed.
Add the potato and carrots next. You can cook it for 8 minutes before adding the bell pepper and green peas. If you like really soft veggies, feel free to cook it longer.
Finish the dish by seasoning with salt and ground black pepper. Have it with warm rice.
I also enjoy leftovers. I simply microwave and have it with leftover rice for breakfast. Adding cayenne pepper powder or hot sauce to make it spicy works for me too.
Try this Pork Menu sa Gata Recipe. Enjoy!
Pork Menudo sa Gata
- 2 lbs. pork cubed
- 1 piece Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 piece potato cubed
- 1 piece carrot cubed
- 3/4 cup green peas
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion. Cook for 20 seconds. Put the garlic in the pan. Saute until onion becomes tender.
- Add pork. Saute until the pork turns light brown.
- Pour tomato sauce and stir. Add coconut milk. Stir and let boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cube. Stir. Cover the pan and continue cooking between low to medium heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender. Note: you can add more water as needed.
- Put the potato and carrot into the pan. Cover and cook using medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and green peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and salt.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!
Watch how to cook this dish