Pork Belly Sinigang sa Sampaloc is a shared recipe from Agnes. She writes:
Sinigang is very good during the cold season. No need for many vegetables, as long as there is kangkong, gabi and liempo. I suggest that you prepare patis and crushed hot pepper for the dipping sauce. Delicious!
Sinigang na Liempo sa Sampaloc
- 1 kilo sliced liempo pork belly
- 1 bundle chopped kangkong
- 3 peeled taro roots gabi
- 1/4 kilo fresh unripe tamarind
- 6 cups tap water
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons patis
- 1 long green pepper
- Put the water and onion, tomato, and tamarind in a casserole. Let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tamarind.
- Mix the pork belly in the boiling water and cook it for 45 minutes.
- Add the taro root and pepper. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add the kangkong and patis. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Serve this with rice.