This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
There are many ways to cook Filipino macaroni chicken sopas. This Rich and Creamy Chicken Sopas version is one way of doing it. Expect a tasty chicken noodle soup once you are done cooking using this recipe.
Rich and Creamy Chicken Sopas make use of both butter and evaporated milk. These are the two components that make it rich and creamy. Butter can be omitted if you do not prefer to have this ingredient.
Aromatics are also important for this soup to smell and taste good. I am referring to carrots, celery, and onion. Make sure that these ingredients are cooked properly to ensure optimal results. The aroma and flavors are extracted when these are sautéed in butter and bacon fat. Make sure to cook these until soft and fragrant before adding the chicken.
Let’s talk about the chicken used for this recipe. I made use of rotisserie chicken. We all know how tasty this is (just like our favorite lechon manok). Your chicken sopas will be really flavorful if this is used compared to raw chicken. This is only a suggestion on my end though, the final decision is yours.
Rich and Creamy Chicken Sopas is perfect to have during cold weather. I love to make this during winter time because it keeps me warm. It is also good to have when it is raining outside. You can binge watch your favorite TV series while enjoying your chicken sopas on a cold day. Wouldn’t it be perfect?
Try this Rich and Creamy Chicken Sopas (Filipino Macaroni Chicken Soup) Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ small cabbage chopped
- ½ lb. small elbow macaroni
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot. Put the sliced bacon into the pot. Continue to cook while stirring until oil is extracted from the bacon.
- Add butter. Let it melt.
- Saute carrot, celery, and onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Put the shredded rotisserie chicken into the cooking pot. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth. Let boil. Cover the pot and continue to cook in medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the elbow macaroni into the pot. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour evaporated milk. Stir. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and salt
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Filipino Macaroni Chicken Sopas