This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds make a great snack; it can also be added to vegetable salad to make the texture better. I usually have roasted pumpkin seeds if I am not doing anything. Taking the seeds out of the outer shell before being able to enjoy the it is a good way to ease boredom.
Some of us carve pumpkins for Halloween for aesthetic purposes. Now, we all have an idea on how to make use of the seeds. Instead of just throwing it away, we can roast it to make roasted pumpkin seeds. Next time you make your pumpkin pie or even your sautéed kalabasa, try to save the seeds because we can always put it into good use.
After reading the recipe below, you will realize how easy it is to prepare roasted pumpkin seeds. I use a bit of oil to help roast the seeds better. You can put more oil than what is indicated in the recipe. I chose to add just a little bit of oil because I do not want my pumpkin seeds to be greasy. In fact, I rub the seeds in a paper towel after roasting so that the excess oil will be absorbed.
Try this simple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin or kalabasa squash seeds
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin seeds, oil, and salt in a bowl. Toss
- Prepare a baking tray and line it with an aluminum foil.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds over the foil.
- Put the tray in the oven and roast the pumpkin seeds for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the tray and let the seeds cool down.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.Serve!
- Share and enjoy!