Rosemary Crusted Roast Rack of Lamb is a simple way to prepare lamb during special occasions. This recipe will only require to roast the lamb inside the oven until it is done the way you want it. Of course, the meat needs to be rubbed and coated with herbs and spices first so that it will be more flavorful and delicious.
Note that the recipe below will result in a medium roast lamb, with around 130 to 134F internal temperature. Make sure to adjust the roasting time to be able to achieve your preferred outcome. Add a few more minutes for a medium-well lamb (this won’t be as tender as medium), or even longer for well done. On the opposite side, you will need to decrease to roasting time to for a rare roast lamb. Although I sometimes like my steaks rare, I don’t want to do the same with lamb.
I love Rosemary Crusted Roast Rack of Lamb cooked based on my preferred doneness because the meat is very tender and juicy. It is also tasty and pleasant to the palate. This went well with a glass of Merlot. It was a perfect pairing as far as I am concerned.
If you enjoy lamb, you might want to check our crown roast of lamb recipe.
Try this Rosemary Crusted Roast Rack of Lamb Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Rosemary Crusted Roast Rack of Lamb
- 1 rack of lamb 7 to 8 bones at approximately 1 1/2 to 2 lbs
- 3 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped Rosemary
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub salt and ground black pepper all over the lamb. Let it stay for at least 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 450F
- Combine Panko bread crumbs, Rosemary, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl. Mix well. Rub the mixture all over the rack of lamb. Arrange on a baking tray and roast for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Slice the lamb between each bones.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!