Are you thinking of what to cook for a special romantic dinner? Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potato is a ideal meal to prepare. It is quick and easy to make. It is also delicious and perfect to pair with red wine. I personally think that this food pairing is a winner.
How to Cook Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potato
It is just like making burger steak. I started by making the mashed potato. This is the easiest to prepare. Simply boil enough water in a pot and add salt. Boil the potato until tender. It can take around 15 minutes to tenderize the potato.
Once the potato gets tender. Remove it from the pot and place in a large bowl. You can start mashing it right away. Meanwhile, melt butter in a sauce pan and add milk. We want to heat the mixture until it starts boiling. Turn the heat off right away. At this point, you can pour the mixture into the bowl with mashed potato. Mix until all the ingredients are well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
The next thing to do is to make the burger patty. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, and all the Salisbury steak ingredients in a large bowl. Mix everything together using your hands. It is best if done this way. Mold the mixture into balls and then press with your palm to flatten. You now have your burger patty. Continue doing this process until the meat mixture is completely consumed. This is then fried in a combination of butter and olive oil for 4 minutes per side.
Start to prepare the brown gravy by pouring the oil used to fry the burger patties into a sauce pan. The onion is important ingredient for the gravy. Sauté it once the oil gets hot and then add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, water and beef cube. This is a straightforward process. You want to cook it for 2 to 3 minutes before thickening it. Use cornstarch to thicken the gravy. Combine it with water and then pour into the sauce pan. You’ll notice that the gravy starts to thicken as you cook longer. Make sure to stir continuously after pouring the mixture.
Try this Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potato Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potato
Salisbury Steak ingredients
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 piece Knorr Beef Cube
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece Knorr Beef Cube
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Mashed Potato ingredients
- 3 pieces baking potato
- ¾ cups fresh milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups water for boiling
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the mashed potato by boiling 6 cups of water in a cooking pot. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until very tender. Remove from the pot. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add milk. Stir. Cook until milk starts to boil.
- Mash the potato and then pour the milk and butter mixture. Add Salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Make the Salisbury steak by combining the steak ingredient listed above in a bowl, except for oil and butter. Freeze the beef cube and grate using a cheese grater. Mix everything together. Scoop around 4 tablespoons of mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten and place in a clean plate.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add olive oil. Pan-fry each side for 4 minutes. Place in a clean plate. Set aside.
- Prepare the gravy by pouring the oil used to cook the burger patty into a sauce pan.
- Saute the onion until soft. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Let boil. Add Knorr beef cube. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 3 to 4 tablespoons water. Stir and pour into the pot. Stir until the gravy thickens.
- Arrange the mashed potato on a plate. Top with Salisbury Steak and Gravy. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!