This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of my favorite side dishes aside from homemade French fries is mashed potato. It will be even better if it is garlic mashed potato with gravy on top. I love to have it with fried dishes such as fried chicken and grilled dishes such as New York strip steak and the like.
This Garlic Mashed Potato recipe will guide you how to easily prepare your own garlic mashed potato the easiest way possible. I am using baking potatoes for this recipe and I will not peel the skin of the potato; rather, the skin will be scrubbed until clean so that we can take advantage of the nutrients which are mostly found in the skin of the potato.
Making your own garlic mashed potato is very easy. All you have to do is to clean and boil the potato until soft. We will need a potato masher or a large fork to mash the potatoes and then all the remaining ingredients are combined and mixed together until everything is well incorporated. That’s it! You will have your simple yet delicious garlic mashed potatoes in no time.
Try this Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 medium baking potatoes cleaned
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 cups water for boiling
- Boil the water in a cooking pot.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the potatoes (with skin-on). Boil for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and let the spuds cool down.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl. Mash using a potato masher or a fork.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and milk. Continue to mash until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as is or with delicious KFC style gravy.
- Share and enjoy!