Salmon sisig is a version of the famous Filipino sisig. This uses salmon fillet as the main ingredient. It is light, delicious, and easy-to-make. Enjoy this as an appetizer with your favorite beverage, or have this for lunch along with warm rice.
How to Cook Salmon Sisig
Making your own sisig using salmon is literally quick and simple. You just need a turbo broiler and metal plate (also referred to as sizzling plate) to replicate what I did.
Prepare the fish by broiling. Rub or spray cooking oil all over the fish. Broil it at 390F for 12 minutes, or until flaky. Let the fish cool down after broiling, and then start flaking.
Start to cook the sisig by melting a third of the total amount of butter in a pan. Add cooking oil to prevent the butter from burning quickly. Put the salmon flakes in the pan and stir. Cook for half a minute before adding half the amount of the following ingredients: onion, chili peppers, green onion. Toss and cook for a minute before seasoning with ground black pepper and Knorr Liquid Seasoning.
Add mayonnaise and chicharon. Continue while stirring until all ingredients are blended. You technically completed making the dish. However, this still needs to be finished by serving on a sizzling plate.
Tranfer everything in a bowl and add the remaining onion and green onion. Toss.
Melt remaining butter on a metal plate. Add the sisig. Top with remaining chili pepper and chicharon.
This is best when served sizzling hot along with your favorite cold drink. It can also be eaten with rice.
Try this Easy Salmon Sisig Recipe. Have fun cooking!
- Place salmon in a turbo broiler. Spray cooking oil all over the fish. Broil for 12 minutes at 390F.
- Let it cool down. Remove from the broiler and flake the fish. Set aside.
- Melt 1/3 of the butter in a pan. Add cooking oil. Continue cooking until the mixture gets hot. Add salmon flakes and cook for 30 seconds while constantly stirring.
- Add half of the amount of each of these ingredients: onion, chili pepper, green onion. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic powder and Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add Lady's Choice Mayonnaise. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Put chicharon into the pan. Stir. Transfer to a large bowl. Let it cool down.
- Add remaining onion and green onion. Toss. Season with ground black pepper.
- Heat a metal plate on a stovetop. Add remaining butter and let it melt. Arrage the prepared salmon sisig on the metal plate. Top with chicharon and add remaining chili pepper. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Salmon Sisig