This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We all need to eat breakfast because our body needs nourishment after several hours of fasting (this occurs when we are sleeping). Before I proceed, let me just tell you a trivia. Did you know that breakfast was called such because it is the meal that breaks our fasting? It is nice to have a heavy meal during the morning and Sausage and Egg Waffle Sandwich is a good option.
Sausage and Egg Waffle Sandwich is an improvised version of the sausage sandwich. Instead of using English muffins or regular bun, we use waffles instead. The sausage that we are using here on the other hand, is the commercialized uncooked sausage like Jimmy Dean’s. It is not in tubular form because these are uncased mixture; this means that we can shape it like a patty or anything that we like before cooking. The eggs are simple scrambled eggs that I cooked with a dash of salt and pepper.
I like to have Sausage and Egg Waffle Sandwich because I feel like eating 2 types of food; a sandwich and a waffle – which is really the thing. This is the reason why I eat this with pancake or maple syrup over and top it with butter. Sometimes I get really lazy, so I make sausage and egg casserole instead.
Try to make Sausage and Egg Waffle Sandwich by following this recipe and send us your feedback.
- 3 pieces eggs individually scrambled and fried
- 3 sausage patties fried
- Pancake syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 12 tablespoons warm milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter unsalted
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine baking powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix using a wire whisk.
- Beat the egg in another bowl while gradually pouring-in the milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the egg mixture with the dry ingredients and mix well to incorporate.
- Preheat the waffle iron. When it becomes hot, scoop the mixture into it
- Continue cooking until the waffles becomes crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
- Arrange the cooked sausage patty and egg in between 2 waffles. Place a slice of butter on top of the waffle and pour-in a little pancake syrup.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!