This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sauteed Onion and Hotdog with Ketchup is a dish composed of Filipino style red hotdogs, onion, and banana ketchup. I also call this “Ginisang Hotdog with Ketchup”. There is nothing fancy about this recipe; in fact, this is a very simple dish enjoyed by simple people.
I used to cook this sauteed onion and hotdog dish often as a pulutan or beer food. I like the idea that this dish can be made easily and quickly. Did you know that there are several twists to this simple recipe? Some bars and establishment serve a dish called sizzling hotdog. It is similar to this simple dish except that it is served in a sizzling metal plate along with some pretty garnishing.
There are many ways to spice-up this dish. Try using spicy banana ketchup if you want it with a little kick of spice. You can also add sliced long chillies and green onions to make it visually appealing and more appetizing.
This dish can also be enjoyed for breakfast along with sinangag (garlic rice), coffee, or hot cocoa.
Try this Sauteed Onion and Hotdog with Ketchup Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 pieces red hotdogs Filipino style hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6 tablespoons banana ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Saute the onion once the oil is hot.
- Once the onion becomes soft, put-in the sliced hotdog. Cook for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the garlic powder and ketchup. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!