This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Simple tuna recipe is a quick and easy recipe that involves canned tuna. I’m sure that many of you have your own version in preparing “Ginisang Tuna”. This is one of the versions that I really enjoyed eating because it has both the taste and texture that I always wanted in a tuna dish.
There is nothing fancy about this tuna recipe. I used the regular canned tuna that you can easily get in the grocery. It does not matter if you get the ones that are soaked in water or the ones in oil, as long as you buy the plain ones. Spicy tuna will do, if you like your dish spicy. However, make sure that you don’t get the one’s labeled adobo, afritada, etc.
French’s fried onion is a brand of fried onion product that can be purchased in the grocery. Note that I do not get anything from including the actual product brand in the ingredient list. The reason why I am including the brand is because I believe that this is the best brand that you can use for this recipe. It will give your dish a good crisp texture and it also helps enhance the taste of the dish.
You can eat Sauteed tuna flakes with fried garlic rice, steamed white rice, with bread, or soda crackers.
Try this Simple Tuna Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 5 oz. cans Tuna, drained
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup French's fried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion until it becomes soft.
- Put-in the tuna. Cook for 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. top with French fried onions and dried parsley flakes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!