Seasoned Tofu are fried tofu served in a mixture of Asian seasoning.This is a good appetizer, and even a meal by itself.
Tofu is a good source of protein. This is often used as a substitute for meat. If you have a high level of cholesterol and want to abstain from meat, this recipe is perfect for you.
Tofu is often associated to the popular Filipino food called Tokwa’t Baboy. This is composed of cubed fried tofu with boiled pig ears. Seasoned tofu is almost similar to this less the fat. I have nothing against Tokwa’t Baboy. In fact, I love having it all the time. However, there are times when one needs to abstain from fatty foods due to health concerns. Consider this recipe as an alternative.
You might notice that I am a fan of simple dishes. As I’ve said before, good food does not need to be fancy and expensive. There are delicious dishes that can be prepared in the simplest manner — seasoned tofu is one of them.
This dish can be eaten as it is, or with steamed rice. Of course, this will even be better if eaten with your favorite type of fried rice.
Try this Seasoned Tofu recipe and let me know your thoughts.
5 small blocks of tofu
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 1/4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup cooking oil
1. Heat cooking oil in frying pan.
2. When the oil becomes hot, put-in the tofu and fry both sides until the color turns medium brown. Turn the heat off and set aside.
3. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir.
4. Heat a clean pan and pour-in the mixture.
5. When the mixture becomes hot (but not boiling), place the fried tofu and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
6. Turn the heat off, and then transfer to a serving plate.
7. Serve as an appetizer. Share and enjoy!