This is a cheezy pizza pocket recipe by Victoria de Chavez This recipe is her entry to the ongoing Panlasang Pinoy Recipe Contest . Do you want to earn extra bucks for your recipe? Submit your recipe now!
This cheezy pizza pockets is yummy and cheezy.This is similar to empanada but the different is the dough and the filling.I love this food and easy to make just try it all about you need is to follow the procedure and the ingredients.Try it and you will be like it if you are a pizza lovers.
Victoria's Cheezy Pizza Pocket
- 2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 pinch of salt
- 2 of 1/3 measuring cup of milk
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 of whole spanish onion
- 1 pc of hotdog chopped
- 3 slice of bacon chopped
- 3 gloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of green peas
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of corn in can
- 1/4 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup shrimp headed and peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 of onion slice lengthwise
- 1/2 of whole kraft eden cheese easy to melt cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of Mozarella cheese grated
- In a bowl mix flour,salt.sugar and baking powder.
- Add the milk and oil and mix well.
- Gather all ingredients and make a ball.
- Knead the dough 12 times in a flat surface.
- Put the dough in to the bowl and cover it with white cloth and let stand 15 minutes.
- In a cooking pan saute the onion and garlic in oil in 1 min.
- Add the hotdogs and bacon and cook it for 2min.
- Add again the peas and cook it for another 1 minute and add the shrimp put salt and pepper and sugar to taste.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the cooked ingredients to the empty bowl.
- Don't cook the pineapple,raisins and the slice onion(lengthwise).
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F in 10 minutes.
- In a flat surface put the dough and divide it into 8 pcs
- Get the dividing dough and roll it to form circle.
- All the dividing dough Spray with cooking oil and put ketchup and spread into half circle.
- Add the cooked ingredients and uncooked pineapple,raisins,onion and cheese.
- Fold dough cover filling.Turn edge of the lower dough over edge of the top,pinch edge to seal and prick he top with fork.
- In baking pan with cookie sheet spray with oil the sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.