Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice is one of the fried rice recipes that I like mainly because it is a meal in itself (like the delicious yang chow fried rice which I enjoy eating). The next thing that got me interested was that idea that we can play with the ingredients that we want to use. For example, vegetarians can use only vegetables less the shrimps, while adventurous individuals can add other ingredients.
Cooking fried rice is really easy; there is no reason for you to get intimidated. All you need to have is a little faith in yourself (that you can do it), a little patience, and this recipe. You will surely enjoy delicious tasting fried rice in no time. You might also want to refer to our tips in making the best fried rice for additional guidance.
Try this Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice recipe and let me know what you think.
Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
- 12 pieces medium sized shrimps, shelled and gutted
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small carrots, sliced
- 5 cups cooked Jasmine rice, preferably a day old
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in a small bowl. Heat the vegetables in a microwave oven for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine rice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Melt butter in a wide pan.
- Put-in shrimps and cook for a minute per side. Remove the shrimps and then set aside.
- Using the same pan with the remaining butter, add-in the rice. Gently stir every 30 seconds for the next 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour-in soy sauce. Stir until well distributed.
- Put-in shrimps and vegetables. Stir. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6