Are you ready for a new kind of bulalo? How about trying something different like bulalo served on a sizzling plate? Sizzling Bulalo may sound like a new dish, but it has been in existence for quite sometime now. Instead of making a delicious soup out of beef shanks, this marrowy part of the beef is tenderized and placed on a sizzling metal plate then generously topped with gravy. Sounds delightful, isn’t it? As delightful as this may seem, let me remind you that over indulging can lead to serious health issues. Let us try to control our appetite so that we can still enjoy this dish the next time around.
If you’ll watch the video, you will see how easy it is to prepare this dish. The only difference of this recipe is the use of condensed mushroom soup for the gravy. I felt that whipping mushroom-based gravy would make this dish more enticing. Well, it did – at least for me.
How to Cook Sizzling Bulalo
In order to complete this dish, you will need a Fajita plate. It is also known as sizzling plate. It is a metal plate that you will heat in the stove top until it gets very hot. You place the beef and its sauce later on for the sizzling effect.
Prepare the beef by placing it in a cooking pot with water and salt. Let the liquid boil, cover and simmer until the beef gets tender. Remove the beef and let it cool down. Rub some seasonings and spices and then pan fry the beef until it gets brown.
While cooking the beef, you will need to make the mushroom sauce. Heat the butter until it gets hot. Saute the mushroom and add the cream of mushroom soup. Add the seasonings and adjust the taste to your liking.
Heat the fajita plate until very hot. Arrange the beef shank and corn on top. Pour the mushroom gravy. That’s it!
Try this Sizzling Bulalo Recipe and send us your feedback.
Sizzling Bulalo Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs beef shank
- 1 piece cooked sweet corn cooked
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 3/4 cups water
- Make the mushroom gravy. Heat a cooking pot or sauce pan then add the 1 tablespoon butter and melt. Put-in the mushroom and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the condensed cream of mushroom soup then stir. Pour 3/4 cup water; add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper then stir. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.Set aside.
- Arrange Beef Shank in a cooking pot then sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour 3 cups water and apply heat. Let boil and simmer until the beef is tender. Remove from the cooking pot and place in a clean plate. Note: add water as needed.
- Season both sides of the beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat a pan then add 2 tablespoons butter. Let the butter melt.
- Pan-fry both sides of the beef for at least 2 minutes per side.
- Heat the sizzling plate (metal plate) then put-in 1 tablespoon butter and let melt.
- Arrange the pan fried beef on the sizzling plate, top with mushroom gravy, and place the corn on the side.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!