Spareribs Kaldereta is my version of pork kaldereta using spareribs. It is easy to make and super delicious. You can have it as it is with lots of potato and carrots, or enjoy it with newly cooked rice.
How to Cook Spareribs Kaldereta
I like the idea of using pork ribs when cooking stew for several reasons. Budget is probably on the top of the list. This cut of pork cost lesser than most. You can also make lots of dishes using it.
Making this dish starts with sautéing. I sautéed onion and garlic up to the point when the onion softens. The garlic should be a bit brown by then. Remember to use high heat when doing this step.
Add the pork ribs next. Continue cooking while stirring every now and then until the meat turns light brown. Pour tomato sauce and water afterwards and let boil.
I also put a piece of Knorr Pork Cube to bring-out the pork flavor. It makes the dish tastier and delicious.
Cover the pan and cook for 1 our in low to medium heat. Don’t forget to add water as needed.
Once the meat attached to the ribs are tender, add liver spread and some chopped Thai chili. Cook for a minute and then add potato and carrot. I usually cook these veggies for 5 minutes. Feel free to cook longer if you prefer these to be softer.
We all have our own preference with regards to the amount of sauce. You can add more water if you want your kaldereta extra saucy. We can always adjust the seasoning later to make it taste just right.
Add bell peppers and green peas next. Cook it for at least 3 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper.
Making this dish in the comfort of your own home has never been this easy. Try this yummy Spareribs Kaldereta Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. pork spare ribs
- 1 piece Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 piece potato diced
- 1 piece carrot sliced
- 2 pieces bell pepper sliced
- ¾ cup green peas frozen
- 5 tablespoons liver spread
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 pieces Thai chili pepper chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Once the onion softens, add spareribs. Saute until the ribs turns light brown in color.
- Pour tomato sauce and water. Stir and let boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cube. Cover the pan and then cook for 1 hour or until the meat gets tender.
- Add liver spread and chili pepper. Stir.
- Add carrot and potato and more water, as needed. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir-in bell peppers and green peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve along with warm rice.
- Share and enjoy.